Take the example of the best companies in the market today. There is one thing common amongst them all, unique and striking Logo. It is rightly said that a good logo will convey the information thousand words won’t be able to! What exactly does this Logo stands for? How it helps an organization to achieve success? What are the elements of a good logo design? What is a branded logo design and how it differs from an ordinary logo design? All these questions are answered in this informative article on logo design.
A logo forms the base of a company’s quest for success. Successful logo design is that pointed weapon, which enables a company to draw the attention of its market. You must have seen a logo of a company, which then gets printed on its every subsequent product. In short it becomes the hallmark of that company. This is called branding of the logo. It is considered as the symbol of excellence for that particular brand. Many a times, we identify a product belonging to a particular company by the logo printed on it. This is why branding of a logo is so critical. It helps the company to create a niche for itself in the minds of the people.
Many a times, there are separate logos created by the same company for its different products. A sub-logo is created, which gets associated with a product and the product is identified by that particular logo. This can be illustrated by taking the example of a company which uses logo branding to an excellent effect.
Nestle, is an internationally renowned company in various fields. Let us take its model.
Nestle, the main brand model
Nestle is a renowned organization in various sectors. This is the central logo used by the company. Company doesn’t stop here. It goes on to produce individual logo patterns for each entity it produces. The company has brand logos associated with it in the field of packaged water drinking, chocolates, dairy products, Maggi noodles and ice-cream.
Nestle packaged Drinking Water
Nestle Packaged drinking water has made a name for itself, by incorporating a completely different brand logo as compared to the original Nestle logo. Similarly, other products of Nestle have a brand logo made and devoted solely for them. We will see how it helps to establish a reputation in the market with such branding of logos.
This logo is used by Nestle for its dairy products such as milkmaid. Not only does it help Nestle to attract customers, it helps to setup a market for this type of product.
This logo is used exclusively by Nestle for chocolates and confectioneries. The brand logo has become so famous, that people now associate this logo as the original Nestle logo. Thus, an effective logo branding can be the cornerstone of setting up a niche for the company. Some of the other brand logo’s used by Nestle are
Nestle uses a different variation of its logo for its every sub-brand. Note however, how every product
brand contains the name of the company Nestle. A brand logo though meant to be for an individual product; at the end of the day is the product of the company. This is indicated by placing the name of the organization in the brand logo design. It is a very clever strategy, which when applied properly as Nestle has done gives the high end return. A brand logo always incorporates the name of the manufacturer, to show that it belongs to a particular brand. This is an effective marketing strategy employed by almost all top companies in the world today.
A good logo branding, is the skill mastered by those companies in the elite leagues today. It shows the creativity and also the confidence that these companies have in their products.
· Why to go for logo branding when a single simple logo does the trick?
Logo branding, is the process of assigning a different logo for every product. The customer uniquely identifies this logo with the product. Also, the universal logo of the organization may not be an apt describer of the product. A different logo which conveys the information about the product is required. Hence branding of the logo is done. It simple provides a better representation for the product than the universal logo.
How a successful brand logo must be designed? The steps have been explained below
· A good brand logo must be related to the product. As the brand logo is made exclusively for the product, it must add significance to that logo.
· As the brand logo is made by the company, it must slot in the name of the company. Take any company who promotes branding of the logo and they all have the common feature of adding the organization name to the logo.
· Depending on the customer market to which the company is catering its product, the logo design must be made. As the brand logo design depends on the product itself, care must be taken to ensure that it is made appropriately. Incorporation of words or images must be made suitably.
· Many a times, entrepreneurs try to select the most complex logos for their brands. This is not required, as simplicity is the key for branding a good logo. The logo must make a name for itself in the market. Consumer must be able to associate a product with the logo. This is the reason why simplicity always needs to be the main element of the logo.
· Logo must be able to convey its message effectively. The purpose of the brand logo must be clearly understood by the customer.
Branding a good logo can enhance the scale of your business. Logo design is not the only step of branding strategy though. It’s an important phase of branding, without which the phase of branding does not carry any significance. A good brand logo always establishes a company and its products in the market.
Tags: branding, logo, logo design, Marketing